http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/02/19/ns-brazil-ship-sinks-students.html
The Tugwell family, along with all the families of the students and crew aboard the Concordia, were notified last night that the Concordia had sent out a distress signal, and we were later notified that everyone aboard the ship had been rescued off the coast of Brazil, after spending several hours in life rafts. Kate Knight, the Head of School at West Island College, ensured everyone was kept up to date with as much information as was available. The CBC article confirms that the Concordia sunk off the coast (way, way off), but that all crew and students (and Dad!) were safely transferred to merchant vessels.
More information will be posted here when we have it. Thank you for all your kind wishes and positive thoughts.
-Tugwells
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is good news that everyone is safe. My name is Lesley Taylor and I am a reporter with the Toronto Star. I would very much appreciate an opportunity to talk to you about Dr. Tugwell's journey or to get in contact with him when he is safely on shore. Please let me know if this would be possible. Thank you very much, Lesley Ciarula Taylor
The Toronto Star, 416-869-4455, lctaylor@thestar.ca
Thanks Lesley. I've emailed you and will forward your info along.
-Jill
Thank goodness everyone is safe!
(Joke for Maury begins here:)
Did he change his teaching style this semester? Last time the ship survived his teaching...
Hello Dr. Tugwell and family,
This is Caroline Alphonso, a reporter with The Globe and Mail. I was hoping to speak with Dr. Tugwell today. Please let me know how to reach him. I'm at calphonso@globeandmail.com or can be reached by phone: 416-585-5388.
Glad that everyone is safe.
Thanks in advance,
Caroline
I'm so relieved to hear Maurice is OK.
My thoughts & prayers go out to you all.
Krista Robertson
So glad to hear you and everyone else is safe. Our thoughts are with you. Looking forward to having you back in Wolfville
Jan & Gary.
Wow, what a scary event for the students, staff & crew. Thank goodness it ended well - now they all have a heck of a story. Mental hugs to all.
Hi, I'm a reporter with the Associated Press in Toronto and like my fellow reporters, I'm glad that that everyone is safe. I would also like to get in contact with Maurice. I can be reached at cnoronha_news@ap.org; 416-476-5257 or please contact Bradley Brooks, the reporter out of Brazil handling the story from that end; BBrooks@ap.org.
Thank you kindly,
Charmaine Noronha
Hello Jill and Family.
Glad to hear that Maurice and the students are okay. My name is Anna Rushworth and I am a reporter at the Herald on Sunday in Auckland, New Zealand. I have been told one of the students is a New Zealand teenager, I would like to get in touch with them, can you let me know how I could contact them or theier family here?
Thank you so mch.
Anna Rushworth
Reporter
Herald on Sunday
0064 9 373 9345
anna.rushworth@hos.co.nz
So glad to hear Dr T is back home safe and sound! My best to the Tugwell Crew.
Ernie Buist Jr
Post a Comment